Hiring and retaining new staff is a hard thing for companies around the world. It has been reported that at least 22% of people leave new jobs within 45 days of starting. This is due to performance problems and bad temperaments. Employee retention is a problem for about 57% of companies in the United States. This is a real problem because high employee turnover can have a direct impact, in a bad way, on your bottom line. If you are looking to hire a new staff member, you should really look at using an executive HR search firm. Here are some reasons why:
- They can get you better results than an internal human resources department. This is not to say that having a good internal human resources department will never get you some decent candidates, they can. The difference is that executive HR search firms have extensive professional networks and have just more reach. They have knowledge of the job market that they can leverage to find you the best candidates for your job. They simply have access to a larger pool of people. Their entire focus is on finding good candidates for jobs. By taking advantage of all of these resources, they have a much faster response rate than any human resources department can get. This saves you money and time.
- They have developed relationships with a huge number of candidates. One of the best things that an executive HR search firm will offer you is access to its seemingly endless network. They can access parts of the job market that you may not even know exist. They are forever expanding this network by leveraging previous relationships. No human resources department can hope to be able to do such a thing. They can reach out to people they have been successful in placing in your same industry and let them know about the opportunity with your business. They can then help with a soup to nuts approach to getting the person hired with your company.
- The executive HR search firms share your financial goals. When company’s have higher level positions open for too long, it starts to take a real toll on the company’s bottom line. When you have such a vacancy, you really cannot afford to let it stay open for too long. It worries investors and creates a bad impression about your business viability. That is your reason for wanting to hire someone quickly. For executive HR search firms, they have the same goal. They want to get you a good person into that position at your company because the faster that happens, the faster they get their payment. They also know that if they make you happy with this person, if you have another opening, and you will, you will go back to that company rather than another one of the HR executive search firms. This means you become total partners in this process.
- You do not have to deal with the process. Your time at your business is valuable and you do not want to spend it going through resumes and putting up job listings. You lose money because you are not doing the job you are paid to do. When you use executive HR search firms, they take care of the entire hiring process. They do the job listing, they find and reach out to the candidates, they then handle the negotiate the contract or the terms of them taking the job. All of this is very time consuming and you do not have to deal with it.
- They are experts at this. Even if you have a human resources department, they have other things they need to be doing while they are working for you. Your current employees have need of that division. When you are dealing with an executive HR firm, you are dealing with people who are experts in this area of business who have many years of experience that they can draw from.
Many companies dread the hiring process because it so important but is also so time consuming. When you hire an executive HR search firm, you know you will get the person you need.