Every day, there are more than 30 million PowerPoint presentations created. Globally, there are more than 500 million users of the presentation software. It is for these reasons that Microsoft has a 95% market share for the presentation software market. Given the vast number of presentations that are created and delivered every day, you can imagine how many bad presentations there are out there. If you want your presentation to be great, you can hire a PowerPoint services company or you can follow these tips.
- Develop a template that is simple and clean. One goal of your campaign creation is to make a presentation that is as coherent and clean. That starts with your template. You can use one of the templates that comes with the software package or you can create your own. PowerPoint services companies recommend making your own. The theme of your presentation slides comes from the template. This sets a baseline for the background, colors, the default font. It is easier to read dark text on a light background. Having a great PowerPoint presentation slide design starts with this aspect of your design.
- Make your text legible. It matters little if you have the best test in the world if no one can read it. To help your audience be better able to read what you have written, be careful when you select the color, size and font. You do not want a frilly, fancy font. In this area, simplicity is your friend. People who work in business presentation design services recommend sans serif fonts. Arial is a good example of a sans serif font that is easy to read. Do not put too much text on each slide, never use all caps (it looks like you are yelling) and allow no more than six words per line and six lines per slide.
- Invest in good images. It is always tempting to use free PowerPoint presentation graphics that can be found around the internet. A better thing to do is hire a professional photographer to take quality photos of your staff or your products. It is hard to get the same impact from clip art or the images from Shutter Stock. With images, a little goes a long way. You have to remember that “white space” is a good thing in web design and in PowerPoint presentation design. You do not want your slides to be busy or cluttered.
- Be careful with special effects. Using a few, here and there, can add to your presentation. Using too many will distract from your presentation and can easily become annoying. There are s number of special effects within the PowerPoint application that can, if used sparingly, add some flair to your presentation. Just be judicious with their usage.
- You do not need a ton of slides to make your point. You do not want to put everything you want to say into your slides, say PowerPoint services company experts. That means you should not have a hundred slides. If you have too many slides, you will have to fly through them and people will not have the chance to read them. When you do this, the impact of your slides will be lost completely. Some people operate on the method of giving every slide at least 60 seconds.
- Do not have your entire presentation on your slides. Your PowerPoint presentation slides are not a substitute for a teleprompter. Your slides are there to augment your presentation, not include all of it. Use the slides to keep yourself on the right path and from veering off message. You want your audience to listen to you and not spend the entire time reading your slides. Your presentation should tell a story and while your slides are an important part of that, they are not the entire story.
- Practice your presentation. PowerPoint services experts like to remind their clients that the presentation is a performance. As such, you should practice it. Even if you are a very skilled public speaker, your presentation will go a lot smoother if you have gone through it a few times in advance.
Your PowerPoint presentation can be very effective and engaging if you follow these expert tips.