When it comes to digital marketing, it can sometimes be difficult for companies to make an impact–specifically if they are not educated or trained in the art and science of the online medium.
While some may specialize in graphic design or standard advertisements, online advertising experts have a way of capturing the attention of the online audience and increasing the web presence on issues they deem important.
78% of companies reported having a dedicated social media team in 2015, which was up from 67% in 2012. This underscores the importance of specialization within the online advertising world. Other statistics show just how important online advertising is:
- At least 95% of Google’s total revenue comes from advertising (this include YouTube).
- Marketers in the United States will spend $24 billion on online display advertising this year.
- 65% of Twitter advertising revenue comes from mobile tablets and smart phones.
The growth of online advertising for companies stems from the change in consumer spending habits with the growth of online shopping and purchasing. 80% of consumers do “a lot” of online research before a major purchasing decision and 46% say they count on social media when making their decision.
Companies face challenges in the online marketplace due to the sheer tonnage of advertisements out there and the difficulty in getting a particular advertisement to catch the attention of consumers. When listing their challenges, digital marketers reported that:
- Meeting the expectations of the always connected consumer was the number one challenge (15%)
- Executing consistent campaigns that drive desired business outcomes (14%)
- The proliferation of channels across paid, owned, and earned media (13%)
The benefits of hiring an advertising agency, specifically a creative agency that can prepare your company for the challenges of competing in a digital advertising world, has grown in importance. Advertising agencies, especially if they are part of a larger marketing agency, can touch on numerous parts of your digital advertising: social media ads, landing pages, SEO methods, and website design.
In the end, the benefits of hiring an advertising agency come down to this final part: increasing revenue. Through increased traffic, increased web presence, a higher listing on search engines, and a more appealing website, a company can generate revenue through the selling of merchandise or increased leads. The benefits of hiring an advertising agency then come down to increasing revenue for the short-term and long-term.
If you are searching for an ad agency, there are many steps to consider:
- Company track record. You should know how effective an ad agency has been, especially when compared to other ad agencies.
- Personnel. Who will be taking on your case? Will they be able to listen to your company’s direction and philosophy in order to craft advertisements that are in line with your vision?
- Services. Figure out what services the ad agency offers and whether that fits what you’re looking for.
An advertising agency can help you reach your online revenue goals, especially if you need help with social media advertisements or other online advertising needs.